24 January, 2011

Headache,

I have an intense headache. For real. And i'm so tired (in an i've-seized-the-day kind of way), we have this DVBS (Daily Vocational Bible School) going on at my church. It's basically a 5 day "camp" for kids empowering them to be heroes in their own circumstances and communities (as well as learning about this epic hero we've got named God). My expectations were thrown out the window as soon as i saw their smiling faces and affectionate hugs come before me. i've never been so blessed by kids, and i've never been so excited to serve them like this before.

On a more personal aspect of my life, I've had to do some growing up. Some difficult growing up. In one part of my life, i'm bearing so much fruit, i'm getting to the root of issues i've been having and things are being rebuilt and i've been edified. In another, I feel like i'm being neglected. Like I've been tossed out without care. Like I'm no longer worth so much as a superficial conversation, let alone the great revelations we used to share. Friendships are harder to maintain when you're not coerced to spend every minute of the day with such people. Actually, it's been incredibly easy for some but for others, i'm slowly letting them go for the fear that i've already been let go of. And that sucks, being parted from like that without a word, without a reason, without even a chance to fight it out.

Hm. This headache's throbbing harder.

No comments: