28 December, 2009

my day/night

today was probably one of the most refreshing days i’ve had in a long time. not in a sense of taking a shower, or getting a haircut. but just how much i’ve been missing out on throughout 2009 in terms of being edified and evaluated. 

not that i need or want to be ridiculed or put down. but i’ve just been jam packed with more and more advice on taking on youth ministry and just being totally legit. that is, legit with myself, my faith, my identity, my schoolwork, youth ministry. being hardcore, being passionate. do you have those friends or role models whose very presence inspires you to push yourself? to move forward? to step out of your comfort zone?

i’m grateful i do. and i’m thankful to know that they place a genuine interest in my being and my workings, that they pick out things i’ve messed up on. not to rub it in my face. but to just expose that theres room to improve. without their leadership and the grace of God, i’d be the same self-consumed mess i was just a few months ago. it’s not about me. it’s not about what i’ve done, or the opportunities i’ve missed. but it’s about pressing forward. pursuing greater things for a greater cause.

one thing i’m bringing to 2010:
go hard, or go home.

and here’s a list of people i’m thankful for:
YD Elites: servant-hearted, passionate and direct.
PG & Ate Mons: genuine. ghetto and wise.
Courtyard kids: they challenge me, stretch me and build me up more than they realise. our different beliefs & ideals don’t make me feel alienated or whatever, and i love you guys not with a fake obliged manner, but because you guys are legitimately awesome people who i love facing our weekly challenges with - and we have the most fun in the entire school. AND the most prettiest girl in the school hangs with us :P
Bible study girls: i’m thankful for their diligence, and their dependence on myself and on God. not that they’re religiously bound my rules and regulations. but they’re shaping and forming to grow with purpose portrayed by the love of Christ unto people.
YD DS: i’m thankful that we’re moving forward. :P
indeedio. tis been a long time since i’ve ever written this much.

2010 - let’s be too legit. too legit to quit.

No comments: