09 August, 2010

miscommunication

don't you just hate it when the things you say, especially online, are miscommunicated?
my comrades and myself were getting to the bottom of an issue that's been hanging around for a couple of months. upon drawing a conclusion to the issue, i said some things that were heavily miscommunicated. and i mean heavily.
instead of coming across as sarcastic, funny and stupid. my words were misread and i was portrayed as arrogant, rude and demeaning. after being confronted i left the conversation because i was done with it and i didn't want to face any added drama. 
my friend pointed it out to me, saying that i say i'm confronting but when i face confrontation i cower. and even though the things she said hurt and weren't the whole truth it reminded me of the person i'm supposed to be. the person that God wants me to be. and its not that idiot, annoying, inconsiderate fool that i'm sometimes branded. but hopefully, one day, i can be remembered as a person who had substance. substance in the way i handle my relationships, substance in the things i focus my life on, substance in the things i love, substance in every plausible manner.  and even though i didn't want to face that confrontation, it was mainly because i value my friendships and i'd rather avoid issues that are unnecessary and can still cause considerable harm. which it kind of did. but i've passed the issue, i just wanted someone to tell this to. because you always listen.
boy, am i glad to have a blogspot.

No comments: