14 February, 2011

Anxiety and her other Allies

I think i know why i've been so excruciatingly sick lately. Anxiety. Wow, i never pictured myself being scared or anxious about starting college but now that i think about it. I'll admit it, i've been having a bit of those anxious moments of fear when you realise just how big that mountain (of tertiary education) you have to trek is and not to mention my continuing worry of really important friends i've lost in commencing this new season of my life. I tried to be tough about it and say that i'm ready to move on. But, my body has been telling me that no, i haven't. That i still care for them, i still want to talk to them. However, there is a large barrier of misconducted actions and mistakes between us. I cannot find peace with them or myself. And because of this stress and anxiety, that's why i couldn't beat the cold (which i got in the middle of summer) and that's why i contracted Conjunctivitis. It was stress induced, what a little hustler!

Although, you wont be catching me sulking around any longer. God is greater, stronger and bigger and i'm looking to Him for strength and the physical and spiritual oxygen to be able to stand strong. I need some fresh air.

No comments: