07 February, 2011

YD: Launch 2011

The YD: Launch for 2011 was seriously an unbelievable night. It was so amazing to see J12, Junior High, Senior High and Young Adults come together for one purpose and one cause. To not only fellowship with one another but to continue to learn more about Jesus, our Saviour King and friend. The message was a revelation to my ears. I always forget that God is not only my master but foremost, He made Himself my friend. There are times when i'd serve for the sake of it or for the reason that doing this will score me faith points or whatever else it is that'll make me feel like a better Christian. There are times when i'd be frustrated that i have to serve God. However, the message of this particular night was totally different. What are the kinds of things we'd do for friends? Practically anything. We sacrifice, we set time, we forgive, we comply ... We pretty much do anything for our true friends. And Jesus said it himself, He is our friend. So, if I were to serve God as a friend would serve a friend, my life wouldn't be a long story detailing the religious journey of a woman, but a relationship between a friend and an even better one, Jesus.





No comments: