15 May, 2012

Brendan Jacquet

For the past six months, I've been part of the live band for an up-and-coming solo artist named Brendan Jacquet. It's been a lot of fun to work with these guys (most of which were and have become some of my closest friends). We all insult each other, fight with one another and also support and encourage each other (when truly necessary).

I love going crazy on stage. I jump around, I accidentally pull necessary guitar leads out (note to joey: the further away you set up from me, the better haha), I clap and I dance. I don't even look around stage or stare needlessly at my boyfriend (to be honest, i never look at him during gigs, i'd most likely get distracted). I have three functions when i hit the stage the first being to sing my harmonies correctly,  be in sync with my fellow vocalist marissa and to be entertaining to look at, i.e. go crazy.

I look forward to the future of this act. Sure it can be really tough sometimes, and i can get in ruts where i don't believe in it anymore... like i should move on. But i have nothing else but a desk job waiting for me if all i'm looking for is financial security. It's a tough industry, and i'm beginning to learn how corrupt and rigged a lot of it is. It's really all about money, which is sad. I just hope i don't let my love for music be contaminated by those ideals.... *sigh such is life






No comments: