04 May, 2012

working out my wanderlust


 If you know me, you'd understand how much I love travelling and escaping the order of everyday life. I mean, there are times (like today) where my only heart's desire is to stay in my pajamas in my own bed and drink tea until the sun recedes and the stars start lighting up the sky. However, I do love a grand escape/adventure... especially with my best companions.

For me, traveling is like smoking a cigarette during a stressful day. It will never stop to be addictive. It is a guilty pleasure I allow myself to divulge in simply because it feels so good. Don't fret Mum & Dad, I am a non-smoker. Exploring is just so damn refreshing. You notice the little things that you forget make everyday beautiful. You meet people you'd never talk to in the everyday world and you do things that you wouldn't do otherwise.

Whether I'm staying at a friends place in the city for a couple of days, or I'm flying across states to another capital city. I love getting out and going on adventures.

(Pictures from top to bottom: Anzac Bridge, Sydney NSW; Cronulla Beach, NSW; Mid-flight to Queensland; Reading from my balcony onto Surfer's Paradise, Queensland)


No comments: