26 November, 2009

BOW

bow wow? no.
i have finally planned what i will be doing for my body of work for visual arts in 2010.
it consists of a mix of photography, graphic design and perhaps painting (body painting?).

my initial concept was based on world suffering, but after look at how i wanted it. it was too complicated. so i've come a topic that deems so simple, yet so complex when you reflect on it: IDENTITY

identity, for me, sums up 2009. probably because it's what i was studying with my cell group. but also because, i've discovered a lot about myself, my purpose, calling, passion & my future. i've been learning that i'm weak, i'm poor, i'm all this and that, but in Christ. man, i'm given such worth & millions of second chances :)

so, i'm going to need 37 individuals of different body shapes, genders & ages to be my models for this, and i'm afraid to say, you're going to be topless. don't worry, there's no nippers involved. the idea is that to the world, we're stripped down to just a name, or to nothing, just roaming masses. it's loosely based on NOOMA | 018 Name, but my idea doesn't directly copy that.



i'm quite excited. it's something i'd like to keep.

my heart song.